US-NJ, Associate Director Health Economics and Outcomes Research 223832BR-MZ
Associate Director Health Economics and Outcomes Research
East Hanover, NJ
Integral member of the HE&OR team who leverages therapeutic and product knowledge of Novartis oncology product(s) to optimize access and reimbursement for pipeline, newly launched and marketed product(s) in the US. This position offers an opportunity to work on cross-functional teams to support Novartis oncology product(s), implementing value evidence development for assigned product(s).
- Provide HE&OR functional expertise on cross functional product strategy teams for assigned pipeline, newly launched and/or marketed Novartis product(s) in the US.
- Develop timely, high quality and relevant HE&OR data necessary to demonstrate clinical, economic, and humanistic product value to payers and other decision-makers
- Support business needs on varying projects requiring HE&OR research principles and applications in the US Oncology therapeutic area setting.
- Manage HE&OR studies including vendor management, contracting and budget planning/reporting.
- Participate in HE&OR functional initiatives to ensure that HE&OR capabilities are utilized, cross-functionally, internally and compliantly communicate the value of Novartis Oncology product(s) internally and externally including communication tools for medical and commercial field force.
- Present and serve as content expert on the cross-functional Outcome Research Forum (ORF) committee to insure the quality of associate s HE&OR projects and peers projects.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify strategies and execute tactics to support the value of Novartis Oncology product(s) (e.g. Integrated Disease Oriented Clinical Strategy [IDOCS}, launch management teams [LMT], Global Oncology Scientific Affairs).
- Design of Phase IIIB/IV studies with HE&OR endpoints to support US region.
- Develop, validate and/or use PRO measures including FDA interactions.
- Manage the execution and reporting of US claims database analyses to assess burden and cost of disease for specific indication(s).
- Manage model development to assess the value of medical product(s) and predict budget impact.
- Create and update value messages, burden of disease, unmet need and economic value sections of AMCP dossier and ensure timely annual updates.
- Collaborate cross-functional teams to ensure HE&OR capabilities are utilized.
- Ensure compliance with all legal/regulatory and Novartis requirements/policies for HE&OR (publications and communications, GPP, Pharma codes, NVS SOPs/WPDs/guidance, Sunshine Act/ Clinical Transparency).
- Develop yearly budget for assigned product(s) and manage monthly spend within allocated budget.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve business processes and output.
- Assist HE&OR VP/Senior Director in maintaining compliant collaboration with Global Oncology, US Clinical Development and Medical Affairs (US CDMA), Marketing / Managed Markets functions, in order to ensure alignment of US Oncology HE&OR strategy with business and customer needs.
- Support HE&OR VP/Senior Director in developing and implementing operational processes for internal department as it relates to daily HE&OR activities.
- Collect metrics for HE&OR activities and report on a regular basis.
- Assist HE&OR VP/Senior Director in conducting audits on HE&OR activities to ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory, and Novartis guidelines.
- Identify and champion best practice examples in HE&OR.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Doctoral degree (PhD or PharmD, or MD) in related field and experience conducting HEOR research
(Related fields include: Health Services Research, Health Economics / Economics, Psychometrics, Health Policy, Outcomes Research, and Pharmacy Administration)
- At least 5 years -experience in outcomes research with a minimum of 2 years of pharmaceutical industry-related health economics and outcomes research
- Demonstrated development and delivery of HE&OR communications for external US audiences (e.g., payers, FDA, academic centers or IDN) for multiple product(s)/therapeutic indications
- Demonstrated knowledge of US payer environment and payer/policy maker evidence needs for access and reimbursement
- Design of at least one Phase IIIB/IV studies with HE&OR endpoints to support US region
- Development, validation and/or use of PRO measures including FDA interactions for at least one therapeutic indication
- Analysis of US claims databases to assess burden and cost of disease in at least one therapeutic indication
- Demonstrated model development to assess the value of medical product(s) and predict budget impact in at least one therapeutic indication
- Solid understanding of the HE&OR field, including key opinion leaders, leading academic researches and consultants
- Demonstrated strategic agility to lead the development of innovative solutions to meet the emerging business needs
- Good knowledge of sources of clinical information including epidemiology of disease and treatment
* If a direct employer requests that you go to their web site and complete your application there in order to be
considered, please do so. Applications for all positions are subject to each employer's specific requirements.