US-NJ, Associate Director Scientific Communications 221143BR-MZ
Associate Director Scientific Communications
East Hanover, NJ
Research & Development
Accountable for all aspects of scientific communications for assigned Oncology product(s) and/or related disease state(s) including; 1) global publication strategy, planning and execution and 2) global medical education strategy, planning and execution to ensure awareness of key data and key messages for Novartis products to internal and external stakeholders.
Major Accountabilities (Describe 8-12 main activities)
1. Accountable for leading a cross-functional publication team and developing publication plan/s (GMA, OGD, OTM, Stats, Legal/Regulatory, Regional product leads...)
Drives implementation of product/s publication plan
2. Responsible/accountable for developing a comprehensive communication strategy/plan in alignment with GMA, GPT and/or Cx team (medical/commercial/regional)
Drives implementation and dissemination of global Scientific Communication Plan
Drives execution of global medical education activities (live and enduring)
Collaborates across GMA for development of internal medical education content and training materials
3. Responsible/accountable for congress scientific communications
Developing internal global communications and education for Novartis products,
Presentation to upper management, CPOs and Regions
Including interpretation in collaboration with GBMD & brand team of key competitor data
4. Establish strong working relationships and actively collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders (GBMD s, MedInfo, GPTs, ECTs, ICTs, GPS, OGD, OTM, biostats, legal/regulatory, US Sci Comm team, medical experts, speakers, consultants, and professional societies).
5. Responsible for alignment of global medical education needs with regional /country needs
6. Manage all aspects of publication and medical education agencies in support of scientific communications. Identify and screen appropriate vendors, solicit, evaluate and approve proposals.
7. Ensure compliance with all legal regulatory and Novartis requirements for scientific communications (publications and medical education materials) such as ICMJE, GPP, CME, Pharma codes, NVS policies (NP4) relevant SOPs and guidance s
8. Manage all financial and contractual aspects of assigned projects, including vendor negotiations. Develop yearly budget for assigned product (s) and manage monthly spend within allocated budget
9. Contributes to / leads medical education or publication excellence projects across Scientific Communications Department obtaining input from other line functions
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Advanced scientific degree (PhD, PharmD, or MD)
Fluent English (oral and written)
Minimum 5 years experience (with 2 years in Pharma/Biotech Industry) in publication planning and/or medical education activities with a proficient level of understanding of pharmaceutical business, including drug development process, and legal/compliance global environment
2 yrs Oncology related experience preferred
Experience in the development of communication strategies & key scientific message platforms. Ability to provide strategic insight into scientific expert development activities, publication planning plus developing medical education materials and programs that support product launches in oncology.
Experience in planning and executing live educational events and enduring materials and/or experience in driving the development of scientific messaging and execution of publications preferred
Expert project management and budget management experience.
Ability to travel (International & US) approx 20% of time
* If a direct employer requests that you go to their web site and complete your application there in order to be
considered, please do so. Applications for all positions are subject to each employer's specific requirements.