US-NJ, Director - Global Indication Lead (Afinitor NET all indications) 220591BR-MZ
Director - Global Indication Lead (Afinitor NET all indications)
East Hanover, NJ
The indication lead is responsible for:
Leading the global commercialization of Afinitor NET indications
Driving the IDAPS planning and implementation process, including strategic/tactical brand planning, contributing to the LCM strategies through the GPT team in order to maximize market share and revenue growth worldwide.
Contributing to the strategic development and global implementation by establishing Global-Regional alignment, and full cooperation and adoption by key stakeholders (CPOs, Internal Functions, Medical Community and Patient Support Groups).
He/she would also :
- Build relationship with global medical experts and leverage the insights collected to support launch plan and lifecycle management activities
- Work closely with the Regional markets to identify, understand and leverage the drivers and barriers to success for short and long-term marketing success
- Capture best practices and look for opportunities to scale learnings, best practices, synergy in capabilities across both Global and regional launch and promotional activities
- Analyze Regional/CPO brand performance, as required, to inform discussions on opportunities and issues in driving accelerated profitable growth.
- Support markets by timely response to market requests for information and materials to ensure Marketing Community are fully aware of Global marketing initiatives and have all relevant information to progress in their marketing plans.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Education: Bachelor's Degree. MBA desired.
Related Work Experience: 10-15 yrs of Global Marketing experience or equivalent. Those with previous sales or product management experience in Oncology will be considered, as well as those with good operational experience in a global role.
Marketing Operating Strategies: Knowledge of and ability to apply basic marketing operating strategies (e.g., tactical planning, communication strategies, physician/consumer promotions) used in the execution of marketing plans.
Brand/System Contribution: Knowledge of the concepts of brand and system contribution and P&L. This includes an understanding of the drives that influence each and how to apply the concepts when preparing business plans and rolling estimates, evaluating projects and making day-to-day decisions.
Marketing Innovation: Ability to identify and develop innovative ideas (e.g., value-add programs, new communication channels, pioneer marketing initiatives) in order to create a proprietary advantage for Novartis Pharmaceuticals
Marketing Research Resources: Knowledge of industry (e.g., physician, patient, competition) research resources (e.g., attitude and usage, trend resources) and their application.
Syndicated Sources: Knowledge of syndicated sources (e.g. IMS) used in the analysis of trended market growth, share and volume dynamics.
Drives Innovative Business Improvements: Develops new insights into solutions that result in organizational improvements; promotes a work environment that fosters creative thinking, innovation and rational risk-taking.
Balances Immediate and Long-Term Priorities: Seeks to meet critical objectives while considering the impact of those decisions and activities on the ability to achieve long-term goals.
Delivers Results: Focuses on the critical few objectives that add the most value and channels own and others' energy to consistently deliver results that meet or exceed expectations.
Imports and Exports Good Ideas: Relentlessly seeks, shares and adopts ideas and best practices in and outside the Company and embraces change introduced by others.
Develops and Inspires Others: Builds and maintains relationships that motivate, guide, and/or reinforce the performance of others toward goal accomplishments. Develops self and others to improve performance in current role and to prepare for future roles; seeks and provides feedback and coaching to enhance performance.
Lives the Values: Demonstrates the values of Novartis Pharmaceuticals through words, actions, and by example; fosters an environment that reflects the values of the company.
* If a direct employer requests that you go to their web site and complete your application there in order to be
considered, please do so. Applications for all positions are subject to each employer's specific requirements.