US-NJ, Director, Health Economics & Outcomes Research 216063BR-MZ
Director, Health Economics & Outcomes Research
US GEN MED
East Hanover, NJ
Novartis is recruiting for a Director of Health Economics & Outcomes Research for early development products to be located in East Hanover, New Jersey.
A global healthcare leader, Novartis, has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. It is a pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, and performance driven people. All of this makes Novartis one of the most rewarding employers in our field. We're committed to peak performance, improving the quality of life, and embracing and leveraging diverse backgrounds, cultures and talents to achieve competitive advantage.
This position is responsible for the development and execution of robust health economics and outcomes research strategies and studies for products from Phase 1 (proof-of-concept) thru regulatory submission. This position will be responsible for developing product value propositions and HE&OR evidence plans that support product differentiation and optimize market access for new products. This role requires active participation in cross-functional teams (Global and US), strong leadership in HE&OR, significant clinical and commercial strategic thinking and the capability to manage multiple projects.
1. Development of HE&OR strategies that demonstrate disease area unmet needs and product value focused on outcomes most meaningful to patients, payers and other healthcare decision-makers.
2. Generate the evidence necessary to optimize patient access and overall commercial value of Novartis products in the US market.
3. Close collaboration and strategic alignment with other functional areas as a core member of US early Local Program Teams (LPTs) and other cross-functional teams.
4. Ensure all research is conducted with a high level of scientific rigor.
5. Develop HE&OR publication strategies and ensure timely development of high quality deliverables (e.g. AMCP dossiers, cost-effectiveness & budget impact models) to support the value proposition to our key customers.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.
Graduate (PhD or Masters) degree in a relevant HE&OR discipline including health economics, outcomes research, health services research, public health, health policy.
Minimum of 5 years in the pharmaceutical industry or a managed care setting in the direct conduct of health economics and outcomes research studies.
Expert level knowledge of health economic and outcomes research methods, including study design and analysis, patient-reported outcomes, and economic modeling.
Strong commercial and clinical strategic mindset.
Demonstrated research accomplishments as evidenced by a history of peer-reviewed publications.
Excellent knowledge of US health care system including payer decision making.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to work well in a team and cross-functional environment, as well as work independently with limited supervision.
Ability to travel.
* If a direct employer requests that you go to their web site and complete your application there in order to be
considered, please do so. Applications for all positions are subject to each employer's specific requirements.