Responsible for supporting, under the leadership of the Clinical Trial Head (CTH), all aspects of clinical trial(s) and program level activities as assigned.
1. Support CTH in ensuring all trial deliverables are met according to timelines, budget, operational procedures and quality standards. Assigned responsibilities can include development of specific sections of protocol and related documents; development of study tools, guidelines and training materials; management of clinical study material; implementation of issue resolution plan; preparation of clinical outsourcing specifications.
2. Responsible for management of Contract Research Organizations (CROs) and ensure adherence to scope of work within timelines and budget.
3. Support the development, management and tracking of trial budget working closely with the appropriate partners in OGD.
4. Support CTH in managing interactions with Oncology Global Development Operations, and other relevant functions including Drug Supply Management and Novartis local medical organizations.
5. Accountable for accuracy of trial information in all trial databases and tracking systems.
6. Contribute to the ongoing scientific review of the clinical data and support trial data analysis, reporting and publishing.
7. May participate in the organization and logistics of various oversight or Advisory Boards.
8. Point of contact for managing/answering questions related to trial procedures and patients eligibility.
9. Draft CTT meeting minutes. Participate in International Clinical Team meetings.
10. May organize and chair trial sub-teams within the scope of his/her delegated responsibilities.
11. Assist with program level activities (e.g., tracking of OGD program-related publications, development of clinical sections of regulatory documents like Investigators Brochures, briefing books, safety updates, IND/NDA submission documents, responses to Health Authorities questions).
12. Responsible for implementation of best practices and standards for trial management within the OGD, including sharing lessons learned.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Advanced degree or equivalent education/degree in life science/healthcare strongly recommended if no previous experience in clinical research.
Bachelor degree or equivalent education/degree in life science/healthcare required if accompanied with 2 years experience in clinical research including trial planning, execution, reporting, and publishing. in the pharmaceutical industry, a CRO, or academic institution
Fluent English (oral and written)
Involvement in cross-functional, multicultural and international clinical trial teams; demonstrated capabilities in supporting trial planning, executing, reporting and publishing activities.
Good communication, organization and tracking skills.
Proven networking skills and ability to share knowledge and experience amongst colleagues.
Proven ability to work both independently or in a team setting, and to meet set goals by managing own timelines.
Knowledge of Good Clinical Practice; basic knowledge of clinical trial design; understanding of the overall drug development process.
Basic knowledge of principles for trial budgeting is preferable.
Basic knowledge of Oncology and/or Hematology preferable.
* If a direct employer requests that you go to their web site and complete your application there in order to be
considered, please do so. Applications for all positions are subject to each employer's specific requirements.