US-NJ, Associate Director Strategic Pricing and Strategy (US Oncology) 211918BR-MZ
Associate Director Strategic Pricing and Strategy (US Oncology)
East Hanover, NJ
Ensure integrated pricing and contracting strategies for Novartis brands across key Managed Markets segments to maximize the Brand net revenue throughout each product s life cycle.
1. Experience developing and implementing contracting strategies within the US Managed Markets segments (Commercial, Medicare, Medicaid, LTC, GPO, VA and Specialty Pharmacy, Distribution):
a.Incumbent has a lead role in development of WAC / Net pricing analysis, contract strategy by US Managed Markets segment and financial analysis.
2. Incumbent continually analyzes and evaluates pricing and contracting strategies against Brand Team goals and manages price reporting.
3. Incumbent collaborates with Brand Teams and PS&A in development of contracting strategies for in-line products.
4. For pipeline portfolio, incumbent collaborates to provide pricing and revenue deduction recommendations.
5. For the Strategic Plan, incumbent has a lead role in providing analysis for price actions, revenue deductions and percent of business across the portfolio.
6. In Support of the Contracting Strategies, incumbent acts as a lead from OBU with Finance in proposal development. and supports account team with negotiations.
Incumbent will be measured by how effective their interactions are with the Account and Brand Teams relating to development of contracting decisions and approaches, and negotiation support, for In-Line Brands .
Incumbent will be measured by his/her interaction with cross-functional teams relating to Launch Brands, In-Line Brands, and Strategic Plan.
Impact on the organization:
In cross-functional team setting, demonstration of sound analytical skills and solid managed care knowledge
Demonstration of influence in cross-functional team setting
Concise articulation of proposed pricing and/or contracting strategy
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Preferred education: Masters Degree in Finance, Economics or related analytical concentration.
Minimum education: Bachelors degree
Experience working on a Launch Team with focus on development of pricing and contracting strategies
Solid knowledge of Managed Markets and the contracting process within Managed Care organizations (Health Plans, PBMs, Medicare Part D, Medicare Part B, Long-Term Care, GPOs, VA / DoD Specialty Pharmacy and State Medicaid)
Excellent ability to simplify and communicate complex concepts and analysis.
Excellent presentation skills.
Experience using Excel and PowerPoint
Ability to work effectively within a team environment
Thorough understanding and knowledge of US healthcare economics and the drivers of pharmaceutical demand, including pricing and reimbursement.
5 + years of experience in a similar position in Pricing and/or Managed Markets Contracting within the Pharmaceutical Industry.
* If a direct employer requests that you go to their web site and complete your application there in order to be
considered, please do so. Applications for all positions are subject to each employer's specific requirements.