US-NJ, Early Clinical Trial Pricing Expert (Assoc Director) 207119BR-MZ
Early Clinical Trial Pricing Expert (Assoc Director)
Global Drug Development
East Hanover, NJ
Research & Development
The Trial Pricing Manager will be accountable for providing granular fully-loaded early forecast Work Package (WP) estimations for Global Program Team (GPT)/ Innovation Management Board (IMB) consideration (including detailed scenarios and cost effective options), followed by fully-loaded final forecast WP pricing including defined program operational considerations and potential tollgate implications in alignment with GDD portfolio strategy. Manage complex and/or priority programs with minimal supervision.
1. Deliver accurate and quality fully-loaded WP pricing estimations for assigned Project/WP in alignment with GPT/IMB portfolio review governance
2. Effectively translate clinical concepts into accurate and transparent fully-loaded WP pricing estimations (early and final), ensuring clinical and GPT operational strategic requirements are reflected with accuracy
3. Lead effective engagement and partnership with key GPT stakeholders to ensure alignment on pricing strategy in preparation of IMB submission.
4. Integrate tollgate scenario modeling in final fully-loaded WP estimation for IMB submission
5. Drive best ratio between cost efficiency versus operational and scientific requirements
6. Identify early productivity savings and cost avoidance (consortium, synergies, footprint, and performance).
7. Develop comprehensive cost effective scenario options considering speed, price and operational execution for GPT/IMB consideration.
8. Identify associated potential risks and opportunities based on existing portfolio information and benchmark to allow robustness and accuracy of the early forecast
9. Provide granular comparisons of fully loaded final WP pricing in consideration of material protocol amendments.
10. Utilize global, regional and country level pricing information from data warehouses and analytical platforms to drive intelligent cost effective trial pricing decisions.
11. Ensure harmonized assumptions for trial forecasting across trials and countries and elevate issues to external provider of benchmarking data to ensure accurate centralized trial cost estimates, which represent market reality; liaise with vendor on database improvements where applicable
12. Develop trial / country budget analytics and visualization, providing standardized reports for trial forecast management and other involved key stakeholders to support cost effective allocation scenarios at an early stage. Collaborate with external vendor to establish external benchmarking analyses
13. Establish a culture of continuous process improvement and promote Global/Regional and Country best practice sharing
14. Lead special projects, e.g., use of global, regional and country level pricing information from data warehouses and analytical platforms to support intelligent cost effective trial pricing decisions
15. Partner with Clinical Development, Trial Management, Trial Monitoring and Global Program Teams within respective Franchises to ensure early integration of clinical strategy ensuring quality and consistency of early pricing estimations and scenario modeling.
16. Implement process changes to optimize interaction and collaboration between teams.
17. Drive continuous improvement of historical benchmarking data across the organization at the global, regional and country levels utilized for early pricing determination.
18. May assist GPH/GPT in during senior management discussion
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Bachelor degree in a life science and/or Bachelor degree in business
Advance degree preferred (PhD, MBA, or equivalent)
Fluent in English (oral and written)
1. 7-10 years of pharmaceutical industry experience, with previous experience in either clinical research or project management, in the pharmaceutical Industry.
2. Excellent understanding of the Clinical Development process and the management of clinical trials.
3. Budget/forecasts management experience in Pharma research and development settings required
4. Proven ability to build strong, effective relationships with internal partners
5. Demonstrated effective negotiation skills at all levels.
6. Ability to work on cross-functional global teams.
7. Experience working with electronic databases, clinical and/or project management planning and reporting systems.
* If a direct employer requests that you go to their web site and complete your application there in order to be
considered, please do so. Applications for all positions are subject to each employer's specific requirements.