US-NJ, Global Trial Forecast Franchise Head (Director) 207056BR-MZ
Global Trial Forecast Franchise Head (Director)
Global Drug Development
East Hanover, NJ
Research & Development
The Trial Forecast Franchise Head, will be accountable for ensuring the provision of necessary funds in a timely and compliant way of assigned Clinical Trial Forecast Managers (approx. $200M annually) for corresponding programs within the GDD portfolio, in collaboration with Headquarters and CPOs and in compliance with Novartis processes.
Line management of assigned Clinical Trial Forecast Managers:
1. Provide management responsibilities (operational and functional) to assigned Clinical Trial Forecasts Managers.
2. Responsible for hiring, training and mentoring of new TFM associates.
3. Mentor/coach assigned Clinical Trial Forecast Management associates.
4. Responsible for objective setting, performance assessments and development planning of direct reports.
Delivery of Clinical Program/Trial Forecasts for GDD of assigned Clinical Trial Forecast Managers:
5. Accountable for all GDO elements of the Work Package (including external cost and internal support function cost).
6. Deliver strong clinical trial costs management for vendor, drug sourcing and CPO costs by providing expertise in preparation of program and trial forecasts (TTG development or WP equivalent and securing necessary approval of funds in a timely and quality manner).
7. Monitor compliance with GDD operational and forecasting processes.
8. Provide accurate monthly functional latest outlook and forecasts and drive Clinical budget MA/LF cycles in alignment with GDO line functions financial objectives.
9. Drive strong and effective negotiation of trial costs with the Regions/CPOs through timely and quality country cost (TCF) management across portfolio.
10. Ensure associates adhere to and operate within the prescribed guidelines and that identified issues are remediated effectively.
11. Ensure together with the stakeholders the accuracy and completeness of timelines and external and internal resources of the program/project in the clinical planning and tracking systems (Horizon and forecasts planning tools and CTMS).
Lead special projects as needed
12. Lead cross-functional process improvement projects and initiatives as assigned leading to improved overall clinical forecasting accuracy.
13. Work with Clinical Procurement, Trial Management and Global Program Teams within respective Franchises to ensure quality and consistency in forecast planning and tracking across all programs in GDD.
14. Implement process changes to optimize interaction and collaboration between teams at global, regional and country levels and support matrix alignment between organizations.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Bachelor degree in a life science and/or Bachelor degree in business
Advance degree preferred (PhD, MBA, or equivalent)
Fluent English (oral and written)
1. 7-10 years of pharmaceutical industry experience, with previous experience in either clinical research or project management, in a Pharmaceutical Industry.
2. Excellent understanding of the Clinical Development process and the management of clinical trials.
3. Budget or Forecasts management experience in Pharma research and development settings required
4. Proven ability to build strong, effective relationships with internal partners.
5. Proven people management skills.
6. Experience working with electronic databases, clinical and/or project management planning and reporting systems.
7. Ability to work on cross-functional global teams.
* If a direct employer requests that you go to their web site and complete your application there in order to be
considered, please do so. Applications for all positions are subject to each employer's specific requirements.