US-NJ, Principal Statistical Consultant 206958BR-MZ
Principal Statistical Consultant
East Hanover, NJ
USA Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, East Hanover, NJ
Research & Development
A health care company with global reach. A product pipeline filled to the brim. A team committed to scientific advancement. Think what's possible. Novartis and its associated companies are always looking for talented employees globally We are seeking a Principal Statistical Consultant who will work in collaboration with Biostatisticians, Pharmacometricians and Global Project Teams to ensure that state-of-the-art statistical methods, models and machine learning approaches are used at the trial and project level. S/he will contribute towards the professional development of Biostatistics and Pharmacometricians.
1. Provides trial and sometimes project support requiring hands-on expertise in novel quantitative approaches. This could include: innovative clinical trial design, quantitative decision making, incorporating evidence from sources of big data (e.g. biomarkers, digital technology and real world evidence)
2. Plays a role in a collaborative working relationships and effective communications with Biostatistics & Pharmacometrics partners along with clinical team to promote and implement innovation at project level
3. Contributes towards agile consulting, guidance and non-standard exploratory analysis for unplanned problems.
4. Supports the implementation and communication of innovative quantitative methods to support regulatory submissions and health authority meetings
5. Publishes in peer reviewed journals, participates in professional conferences and contribute towards cross-industry work streams in external scientific working groups
We are engaged in advance preparation for potential position openings. Submit your CV/resume now to join our talent pool for the position described below. Please note that you are not applying for a current vacancy, but are submitting your CV/resume for consideration for future, possible opportunities. We look forward to receiving your information.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Education (desirable): Ph.D. in statistics, biostatistics, data science, computational biology or another related field
Languages: Fluent English oral and written
Good communication and presentation skills
1. At least 1 year of experience with application of innovative quantitative methods in drug development setting
2. Knowledge in relevant quantitative approaches
3. Ideally some experience in facilitating and optimizing the (early/full) clinical development strategy by using expertise in design, modeling or analytics
4. Solid interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) bridging scientific and business needs.
5. Scientific publications and training courses given in the area of quantitative science
6. Good business ethics
* If a direct employer requests that you go to their web site and complete your application there in order to be
considered, please do so. Applications for all positions are subject to each employer's specific requirements.