US-NJ, Associate Director, Product Analytics 220475BR_1502374924-MZ
|Competing with Analytics is a major priority for Novartis. Our mission is to improve healthcare through analytics. Our vision is to be a best-in-class Analytics service organization across all industries. |
This position is part of Strategic Insights & Analytics, which is a global cross-divisional team.
Product Analytics is seen as analytical thought leaders who deliver best-in-class actionable insights to drive better data-driven decisions across Marketing and Sales to give Novartis a competitive advantage. Product Analytics has a deep understanding of the business, customers and drivers of performance, and is seen as an objective analytical consultant to Marketing to support business decisions and investment choices.
This role provides expertise and thought leadership in understanding business performance, defining KPIs, forecasting, segmentation/targeting and leveraging internal and external data assets to make better data-driven decisions on where-to-play and how-to-win.
This role will work closely with the Brand team within Novartis US Pharma Business units to develop new techniques, explore innovative data assets and drive standardization across the analytics organization. To spearhead analytics, this position will be hands on with data analytics as well as work closely with the offshore Novartis Global Service Centers to optimize impact.
- Serve on the franchise team as an analytical thought leader. Identify core/strategic business questions to ensure successful marketing and sales strategy.
- Deep understanding of the market place and drivers of business performance, leverage internal and external data assets to analyze business problems and translate into actionable insights.
- Simplify complex analyses and create clear and concise stories to motivate the organization to make better data-driven decisions.
- Lead analytics, mine specialty pharmacy data and define KPIs for best-in-class sales and marketing execution.
- Lead the creation of account/physician segmentation, customer valuation and targeting using behavioral and/or attitudinal data, and partner with Marketing, Sales Leadership, Field Force Operations and Advanced Analytics to implement and optimize $500M in sales and marketing spend.
- Lead demand forecasting for launch and LOE, and partner with Marketing, Finance and Executive Management to ensure organizational understanding of performance with risks/opportunities.
- Challenge the status quo, explore new data assets, experiment with innovative analytics, and learn from outside conferences to ensure Novartis competes with Analytics. Challenge external vendors and internal Novartis teams to think differently. Constant learning of new data assets and innovative analytics is important.
- Collaborate cross-functionally in a matrix organization that consists of Product Analytics, Payer Analytics, Brand Insights, Business Partners, Data Strategy Team, Field Force Operations, Brand Team, Finance, Patient Services and offshore Novartis Global Service Centers; share best practices and learnings across the organization.
- Create working structure to leverage resources in Hyderabad, India and Mexico City to optimize impact.
- Bachelors Degree in Quantitative Disciple (e.g. Operations Research, Engineering, Data Science, Business Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, or equivalent).
- Fluent in English - both written and spoken
- 10 years of overall pharmaceutical management science experience required; Consulting experience is a plus.
- 3+ years specialty pharma experience
- High business acumen and can synthesize and simplify complex analyses into a clear story and motivate action; influence without authority across various stakeholders to steer towards a solution.
- Strong communication and story-telling skills, including the ability to translate a complex analysis into simple ‘business speak’ and present analytical results to internal clients up to the executive level.
- Working skills with advanced analytics tools such as SAS, Alteryx, R, IBM Modeler, XLMiner, R, Python, etc. Can work with the data directly, utilize tools to process analyses and package the results in a clear and concise story. Experience in data visualization and dashboard tools like Tableau a plus.
- Expert knowledge of Specialty Pharmacy data and other pharma claims data assets (e.g. Symphony IDV, APLD, LexisNexis, internal longitudinal patient services data, etc.). Ability to understand new data sources in a short timeframe, mine and integrate for actionable insights.
- Very curious individual who wants to constantly learn and grow. Practical and a critical thinker. Someone who can think big picture and also get into details.
- Flexible and ability to prioritize and deliver results in short timeline. Excellent organizational, planning, resource and project management skills; Past experience in working with offshore teams a plus.
- Learning agility - ability to pick up new trends and learn quickly.
- Passion to experiment, celebrates failures as learning opportunities and shares learnings.
- Strong interpersonal skills, organizational knowledge and ability to influence without authority.
- Oncology and/or products dispensed through specialty pharmacies and/or
experience with product launches and optimizing LOE.
Please visit our website at www.novartis.com