US-CA, Medical Science Liaison, Migraine - West (2 openings) 218741BR_1500584531-MZ
|A global healthcare leader, Novartis, has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. It is a pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, and performance driven people. All of this makes Novartis one of the most rewarding employers in our field. We're committed to peak performance, improving the quality of life, and embracing and leveraging diverse backgrounds, cultures and talents to achieve competitive advantage. |
Novartis is recruiting for 2 Migraine Medical Science Liaisons to cover the West Region.
The MSL will serve as a liaison to the medical/scientific community and will be responsible for establishing, developing and maintaining relationships with prominent experts in the Neuroscience Therapeutic Area, and specifically migraine treatment, within the geographic area of coverage.
• The MSL will ensure the appropriate dissemination of clinical and scientific information regarding marketed and pipeline migraine compounds in a timely, ethical and customer-focused manner.
• The MSL will implement medical strategies in collaboration with other Novartis colleagues for designated customers that include potential clinical trial site identification and support as well as review of investigator-initiated research protocols.
• The MSL will work to pair our key customer's educational and research needs with available Novartis resources and will provide the latest emerging data in response to specific healthcare professional inquiries.
• Comply with all credentialing requirements for any healthcare institution (e.g. hospital) which is part of the MSL call plan, including, among other things, routine background checks, medical testing (i.e., Tuberculosis test) or proof of immunizations, training on facility policies, and adherence to confidentiality and/or HIPPA agreements.
• The position requires approximately 60% travel.
Position will be filled at level commensurate with experience.
• Advanced Scientific degree or equivalent experience required. (PharmD, MD, PhD, or DNP strongly preferred)
• Minimum of 2 years of Postdoctoral experience, or equivalent, in the pharmaceutical industry (preferred) or other healthcare environment to provide strategic and scientific/medical direction to national/regional business unit functions.
• Teaching experience is highly-desirable.
• Previous experience in the Neuroscience space, specifically migraine, or related area is strongly preferred.
• Previous experience in a MSL Field Medical based position is also preferred.
• Thorough knowledge of medicine (including pharmacotherapy), treatment guidelines, clinical research processes, customer strategies, and FDA promotional guidelines, regulations, and ethical guidelines applied to the pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
• Previous experience with medical support of a co-promotion compound would be helpful.
• Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills are required.
• Ability to network and partner with important customers, including thought leaders, large group practices, medical directors, and pharmacy directors is required.
• Ability to travel (about 60%).
• Must be science oriented and be able to prioritize and work effectively in a constantly changing environment.
• Must have the ability to gain customer feedback, uncover business opportunities for Novartis and pair customer's unmet needs with available internal resources.
• Active membership in professional society(ies) is a plus.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and associated hardware is required.
• Must be a strong team player and effectively interface with other internal departments, including Corporate Customers, Regional Business Units, Marketing, Sales, New Product Commercialization, Medical Affairs, Research, and Business Analysis.
• A valid US Driver’s License and a good driving record are required.
Please visit our website at www.novartis.com