US-NJ, Product Trainer 217111BR_1501852956-MZ
|Responsible for the development and delivery of product and clinical training curriculum and assessments as well as confirming Field Associates are effectively trained on relevant selling skills that reflect the needs in the current market environment as well as ensuring alignment with brand-based needs/requirements. Product Trainers will ensure Field Associates are effectively trained on product and clinical knowledge that reflect the needs of marketing, medical, legal, and compliance requirements via pre and post training program metrics and pull through activities. The Product Trainer will partner with the Franchises, PLS Business Partner, Marketing and Sales teams, and HQ Training in the development and implementation of learning solutions and materials across the core Sales competencies, to ensure strong Product Knowledge and Selling and Influencing, from fundamental to thought leader competency. |
• Lead the development and execution of the Product, Clinical, and Skills Training Curriculum for assigned brand(s).
o Collaborate with HQ Training, PLS Business Partners, Curriculum Manager, external vendors/SMEs, and key Franchise functions (eg. Sales, Marketing, Medical HR) in the development of training materials that reflect the needs of the brand and evolving market landscape and legal/regulatory requirements.
o Ensure cross-functional input is integrated & aligned in the strategy, tactics, & investments of the plan.
o Ensure curriculum is designed to accommodate progressive learning from fundamental through thought leader.
o Conduct on-going needs analysis (customer feedback, field interactions, SMEs, etc) and leverage results to inform/adjust training strategy and curriculum as needed in partnership with Training Lead.
o Ensure all materials (live, online, testing, etc) are approved and compliant consistent with Novartis policies.
o Identify and execute pull through opportunities for each learning program and leverage the pre and post training metrics to measure impact on business outcomes
• Ensure quality delivery of training by partnering with Marketing, Sales, MDs and ABLs to develop and pull through the training strategy in the field using a variety of tactics (live and virtual facilitation, Train the Trainers, Peer-based teaching, etc) and technologies.
• Partner with brand teams to ensure selling messages are effectively conveyed. Must be able to effectively respond to changes in brand labelling, sales campaigns and materials, competitor activity and market events to provide continued reinforcement of product training.
• Lead development of District Planning or National Sales Meeting presentations / resources and execute in conjunction with the Brand teams. Ensure materials are up to date and MAP approved per Novartis policy.
• Partner with the marketing teams and Training Lead to embed product training into New Hire Training curriculum, including the design, production, implementation, coordination and evaluation of all product/clinical skills training activities relating to new hire training workshops. Ensure materials are up to date & MAP approved per Novartis policy.
• Selling skills training – Identify opportunities to improve on the Field Associates implementation of the Novartis sales approach. Consistently pull through the Novartis sales approach in all training materials developed, inclusive of new hire, DPM or NSM, and on-going training.
• On-going training – Constantly stay attuned with field training needs; development and implementation of training activities, and completion of on-going assessment. Lead and participate in the development of on-going training (all formats) for reps regarding ways to effectively enhance their product/clinical knowledge, product selling messages, and selling skills.
• Identify opportunities for enhancements, customization and applying key learnings to increase business outcomes in areas including: 1) Advanced product/clinical skills training, 2) continuous product/clinical training & assessments, 3) Product certification requirements, 4) Selling skills, 5) Benchmarking excellence, and 6) Identifying & implementing best practices.
• Create innovative training solutions to include materials in multi-media formats and invest in continuous improvement of training materials and processes.
• Develop and maintain ownership of KPI tracking/reporting progress on the implementation of the Product/Clinical training strategy and curriculum
• Ensure Franchise field associates’ maintain annual product certification on priority Franchise brands, and partner with PLS Business partners to ensure all field associates are properly trained and certified on promoted products as deployed.
BA/BS Required, Languages: Fluent English (written and spoken)
3-5 years of pharmaceutical experience (preferred) - Experience could be across any combination of the following:
-Sales training experience
Strong product/disease state knowledge and experience; agility to learn multiple disease states/products
Presentation and platform skills, including ability to communicate in small and large settings
Strong Communication (oral/written) & Interpersonal skills
Brand strategy, tactics understanding
Partnering Skills (brand, medical, vendors etc)
Knowledge of field/sales force
Administrative management skills - planning, organization, operational decision making and analysis.
Demonstrated experience in working with others to achieve organizational objectives including the ability to anticipate and adapt, own and or/work group tactics to support changing business needs
Proven ability to manage multiple projects and be accountable for individual & department results
Please visit our website at www.novartis.com