US-TX, Facility/Automation Engineer 216497BR_1503419250-MZ
|A global healthcare leader, Novartis, has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. It is a pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, and performance driven people. All of this makes Novartis one of the most rewarding employers in our field. We're committed to peak performance, improving the quality of life, and embracing and leveraging diverse backgrounds, cultures and talents to achieve competitive advantage. |
Novartis is seeking a Facility/Automation Engineer with computer programming skills to perform the following critical tasks.
• Maintain building control systems including utility and production equipment. Develop/present plans for enhancement of systems
• Drive change control program for equipment to comply with cGMP regulations
• Develop/evaluate complex test plans with an understanding of how to validate new or modified systems
• Manage non-exempt production maintenance technician responsible for day to day maintenance of the facility and production equipment.
• Help drive processes to improve on-time completion of preventative maintenance and calibration
• Identify components in the facility to be automated based on business priority and benefits of automation
• HSE representative for the Pilot Facility aligning Health, Safety and Environmental activities with the Fort Worth Technical Research & Development (TRD) group as well as the global TRD organization
• Write SOPs and test reports (TR)
Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical or other technical engineering discipline or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience required for specific job level.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ EXPERIENCE:
• 5+ years experience with PLC based systems with a strong emphasis on Allen-Bradley or Siemens
• 5+ years experience with HMI development
• Strong background in Object-Oriented analysis, design and development, using development languages such as C#, VB, Java, Python
• Experience using development environments such as MS SQL ManagementServer/.NET technologies/Visual Studio/Eclipse
• Ability to analyze automated test results and metrics, perform root cause failure analysis
• Ability to quickly learn new automation applications
• Strong background in cGMP requirements and best practices
• Strong knowledge of SQL server and complex queries
• Ability to identify risks and develop mitigation strategies
• Experience in requirement gathering, analysis and validation
• Analytical, problem solving, decision-making and quantitative skills
• Ability to prioritize tasks to best meet departmental and organizational goals
• Ability to collaborate effectively with different project teams to achieve goals
EMPHASIS ON SOFT SKILLS:
• Self-motivated: work independently with little to no direction from supervisors; demonstrate strong problem solving abilities, and look at obstacles as opportunities for improvement, research and growth
• Flexible, quick learner, adaptable to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Proactive approach to work, able to focus on tasks as well as being a flexible resource
• Outstanding communication, interpersonal and team building skills
• Organized, with strong computer literacy such as MS Project, Excel, etc.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Team player, with ability to get along with colleagues and work as part of a team.
• High attention to detail.
• Flexible attitude to work - ability to adapt to changing demands and requirements.
• Self-starter with minimal supervision.
• Takes full responsibility for the quality of their work product.
• Consistently meets deadlines.
• Effectively collaborates and supports the objectives of other teams.
• Remains calm under pressure.
• Able to multi-task without losing focus.
• Ability to prioritize multiple assignments.
• Ability to positively adapt to change.
• Maintains a professional appearance and projects a positive attitude.
Please visit our website at www.novartis.com