US-NJ, Director, PSS Program Effectiveness & Management 211770BR_1494257727-MZ
|The Director, PSS Program Effectiveness & Management is responsible for driving the overall effectiveness of the Patient & Specialty Services (PSS) organization by managing the vendor portfolio, planning and coordinating operational implementation across franchises, ensuring launch excellence across the portfolio and collaborating with the PSS analytics team to provide strategic business insights for monitoring and reporting. |
Planning & Coordination:
• Coordinates across department’s (brand marketing, access and health policy, finance, IT, analytics, etc.) performance and quality initiatives to ensure alignment with Patient & Specialty Services and drives optimal use of internal resources.
• Researches and designs appropriate organization-wide performance and quality training.
• Coordinates performance management and quality improvement capacity building for appropriate employees and vendors.
• Collaborates on the design of the information technology infrastructure required to support a performance and quality improvement system.
• Searches out best performance and quality improvement practices, both internal and outside Pharma to raise organizational awareness and suggest areas where they could be implemented.
Implementation & Management:
• Builds, directs, manages, and ensures implementation and effectiveness of platform support services and brand specific program services
• Maintains and develops organizational best practices and leverages them effectively to ensure launch excellence across programs, vendors, and individual services
• Implements a performance management and improvement process that leads to a positive and measurable impact on the overall performance of services and support for the Patient & Specialty Services sphere of control
• Maximize the performance management and quality improvement capacity of the organization to ensure department and individual brand goals are effectively and efficiently met.
• Increases the Patient & Specialty Services organization’s capacity to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of their practices, partnerships, programs, use of resources, and the impact that improvements have on performance and customer/patient experience
• Designs and implements the necessary quality processes and systems, develops and implements an organization-wide communication plan, and develops and implements pro-grams as needed
• Increases program interactions to address efficiency of use/leveraging of funds and re-sources to maintain and improve performance while achieving/exceeding complementary program goals.
Monitoring & Reporting:
• Works with the Quality Monitoring Teams internally and with appropriate vendors serving as a critical team member. Convening regular meetings, setting agendas, developing and analyzing performance improvement data for the team
• Organizes and prepares a regular accountability reports including financial performance, Return-on-Investment analysis and other impact reviews.
• Establishes a continuous performance and quality improvement effort and monitoring and reporting system. Regularly reports the status of performance and quality improvement efforts and impacts.
• Ensures needed data is collected on a timely basis, regular reports on progress are distributed, and makes recommendations for future improvements based on the data.
• Bachelor’s degree is required (preferably in Life Sciences, Pharmacy, or Business related discipline). MBA degree preferred.
• Fluent in English (oral and written)
• 4 or more years of pharmaceutical experience including 2 years of patient support/services
• Specialty experience preferred Business Analysis, Sales, US Managed Market (USMM) experience preferred Strong ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally within a matrix environment.
• Strong leadership, planning and organization, and problem solving and skills.
• Excellent computer skills (specifically PowerPoint, Excel, Tableau)
• Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally within and across regional and HQ functions (e.g. Finance, Marketing, USMM)
• High sense of urgency, knowledge of protocol in dealing with requests and issues; utmost confidentiality, when required
• Experience with specialty products
• Demonstrated experience analyzing complex situation and processes and effectively integrating and synthesizing the data to form a complete cohesive picture
• Proven self-starter with high standards of excellence and an innovative mind
• Strong interpersonal, communication, influencing and analytical skills
• Demonstrated ability to synthesize information to develop recommendations, and ability to persuade / influence organization pursuit of recommended path
• Experience in vendor management
• Ability to manage multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines
• Change management and project management experience
• The position will require long hours, and ability to work under tight deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to self-start and proactively initiate
• Exceptional time management, planning, organizational and influencing skills
Please visit our website at www.novartis.com