US-MA, Cyber Security Intelligence Analyst 209580BR_1502119012-MZ
|As global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field. We're committed to peak performance, improving the quality of life, and embracing and leveraging diverse backgrounds, cultures and talents to achieve competitive advantage. |
Healthcare is one of the most targeted industries by cyber criminals and other digital threats. IT security professionals at Novartis are at the forefront of the battlefield for security and ensure the success of our mission by building IT security and risk management into our solutions. They face new challenges daily and help Novartis get ready to fight the good fight in cyberspace. This meaningful job, of protecting Novartis and patients from threats in an ever changing threat landscape requires fast learning skills, innovative technologies, and methods of mitigation.
We are actively seeking a Cyber Security Intelligence Analyst to join our Security Operations Center team in our Cambridge, Massachusetts office location.
The purpose of the IT Serv Intelligence, Security Operations Center Analyst role is to investigate security incidents that have been triaged and escalated by the first level staff of the Novartis Security Operations Center.
This includes performing in-depth analysis of indicators of compromise, reviewing relevant security data, contacting impacted end users, and implementing remediation actions. In addition, the IT Surveillance Intelligence, Security Operations Center Analyst will:
• Act as subject matter expert on various aspects of IT Security in the Global Security Operations Center
• Coordinate response to security incidents, mitigation of risk and remediation
• Advise Novartis Business Units on remediation of security incidents
Will also perform IT Security Incident Response life cycle (preparation; detection and analysis, containment, eradication and recovery; post-incident activity) • Assesses IT risks and analyze potential mitigation strategies to reduce IT Security exposure (Use Cases, Scenarios) • Detailed analyses of various security event sources (FW, IDS, PROXY, AD etc.) Acts as the interface with other IT and business departments regarding IT security incidents • Collaborates with other security teams in the global IT Security organization in Novartis.
Education: BA or BS in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field highly desired Certifications such as CISSP, GIAC certifications, Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) preferred
• Fluent in oral and written English Experience working in a multinational organization desired
• Experience with technical IT security incident response, host and network forensics, malware analysis
• At least 5 years working in IT, of which at least 3 in the IT security field
• Hands-on experience with security tools and devices, operating systems, and/or networking devices desired
• Knowledge of IT Security Standards, Control Frameworks and Risk Management techniques
• Proven skills and experience in log analysis, incident investigations – including guidance for remediation.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Effective leadership skills and experience
• Position will be filled commensurate with experience
Please visit our website at www.novartis.com