US-NY, Medical Science Liaison, Transplant - North 209571BR_1491838630-MZ
|Novartis is recruiting for a Medical Science Liaison to cover MA, MI, MN, NY, OH and WI. The MSL can live in any of the states in the territory. |
The MSL will serve as a liaison to the medical/scientific community and will be responsible for establishing, developing and maintaining relationships with prominent experts in the Transplant Therapeutic Area within the geographic area of coverage.
• The MSL will ensure the appropriate dissemination of clinical and scientific information regarding marketed and pipeline compounds in a timely, ethical and customer-focused manner.
• The MSL will implement medical strategies in collaboration with other Novartis colleagues for designated customers that include potential clinical trial site identification and support as well as review of investigator-initiated research protocols.
• The MSL will work to pair our key customer's educational and research needs with available Novartis resources and will provide the latest emerging data in response to specific healthcare professional inquiries.
• Comply with all credentialing requirements for any healthcare institution (e.g., hospital) which is part of the MSL call plan, including, among other things, routine background checks, medical testing (i.e., Tuberculosis test) or proof of immunizations, training on facility policies, and adherence to confidentiality and/or HIPPA agreements.
• The position requires approximately 60% travel.
Position will be filled at level commensurate with experience.
• Advanced Scientific degree or equivalent experience required. (PharmD, MD, DO, PhD, or DNP strongly preferred)
• Minimum of 2 years of Postdoctoral experience, or equivalent, in the pharmaceutical industry (preferred) or other healthcare environment to provide strategic and scientific/medical direction to national/regional business unit functions.
• Teaching experience is highly-desirable.
• Previous experience in the transplant space or related area is strongly preferred.
• Previous experience in a MSL Field Medical based position is also preferred.
• Thorough knowledge of medicine (including pharmacotherapy), treatment guidelines, clinical research processes, customer strategies, and FDA promotional guidelines, regulations, and ethical guidelines applied to the pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills are required.
• Ability to network and partner with important customers, including thought leaders, large group practices, medical directors, and pharmacy directors is required.
• Ability to travel (about 60%).
• Must be science oriented and be able to prioritize and work effectively in a constantly changing environment.
• Must have the ability to gain customer feedback, uncover business opportunities for Novartis and pair customer's unmet needs with available internal resources.
• Active membership in professional society(ies) is a plus.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and associated hardware is required.
• Must be a strong team player and effectively interface with other internal departments, including Corporate Customers, Regional Business Units, Marketing, Sales, New Product Commercialization, Medical Affairs, Research, and Business Analysis.
Please visit our website at www.novartis.com