US-NJ, Lead Medical Director, Cardiovascular 205658BR_1489604290-MZ
|The selected candidate will have a leadership role into the strategy, development, clinical research, and implementation for the largest and most innovative heart failure program in the industry; will also be involved in providing strategic input for global development programs for our industry-leading cardiovascular pipeline. The position includes extensive involvement with global development colleagues, marketing and sales, market access and health policy including presentations and leadership of advisory boards, medical communications strategy development and implementation, and meetings with major healthcare providers; with a focus on meeting the needs of a diverse set of stakeholders. The successful candidate will be responsible to manage and expand our ongoing collaborative programs with the top academic medical centers in the USA. |
Additional representative responsibilities include the following:
• Provide strategic US Medical input to Global Development on clinical development (Phase II - IV), pre-registration, label extension, pre- and post-market launch strategies, and life cycle management.
• Attend scientific meetings and foster and develop strong relationships with investigators and top academic medical experts in the USA.
• Provide strong scientific input into the development and launch of cardiovascular products; integrate scientific rigor, medical need and commercial value into compelling strategies in support of successful registration and marketing.
• Identify and implement high value strategies for product life cycle development and expansion across the entire Novartis cardiovascular portfolio.
• Contribute to the development of new indications for existing products.
• Develop and implement reliable and high-value communication strategies for new and existing products.
• Establish and maintain strong relationships with the academic leadership of the top academic medical societies in cardiovascular medicine.
• Team responsibilities include U.S. medical affairs support for in-line and pre-launch products, including strategic and tactical planning and design, implementation and timely completion of Phase 4 studies and addressing post-marketing concerns.
• Work in, and enable a positive team environment and interact with global clinical, scientific and marketing teams.
• Prioritize and resource pre-market launches and post-market medical programs.
• Successfully create a bridge between clinical development teams and provide medical expertise to the commercial product development teams.
• U.S. and European travel required. (20-25% annually, up to 40% seasonally).
MD degree with 3+ years of pharmaceutical industry experience in medical affairs is required; Board Certification/Eligibility in Cardiology is strongly preferred. A strong academic medical record and recognition in the cardiovascular medical field is a plus.
• Experience in managing clinical trial conduct for cardiovascular disorders is essential. Heart Failure and/or Critical Care clinical trial research experience conducted in a pharmaceutical or equivalent environment is strongly desired.
• Strong knowledge of the US hospital administration and health care system in general is a plus.
• Firm working knowledge of GCP, scientific and clinical methodology, protocol design, project management and regulatory requirements for clinical studies designated for review by regulatory authorities.
• Medical Affairs and U.S. marketing experience, to include a well-documented history in medical development of cardiovascular and/or critical care therapeutics and of bridging proactive relationships among product development, clinical development and marketing teams.
• A well-established network within the medical research community that will attract high-caliber professionals into the Novartis organization.
• Proven ability to build productive relationships and teams internally and externally, and the ability to develop high potential subordinates into leadership roles.
• Reputation as an open, available and transparent communicator.
• Strong leadership and organizational skills; demonstrated personnel management capabilities.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to travel (U.S. and European; 20-25% annually)
Please visit our website at www.novartis.com