US-NJ, Associate Director - Business Analytics, New Products 202868BR_1488906029-MZ
|This role contributes to defining the overall strategy for Novartis GenMeds pipeline development assets, with specific support to the New Products team in developing strategies to optimize asset values for the Novartis portfolio in the US market. Primary responsibility lies in generating insights to support key decision as well as leading all analytical & market research needs as assets progress through development up to launch. This includes partnering across the business to (1) outline business questions that need to be addressed, (2) conduct market research and/or structured analytics and (3) drive business decisions and strategies based on research findings, facts, analysis. Included in this is the development of necessary market and forecast models to support key decision points. Additional support will be provided for in-license evaluations in conjunction with New Products and BD&L (Business Development & Licensing) teams. |
Is a member of two Local Program Teams (LPT-Optha & Resp) and works effectively with New Products Team and each LPT in shaping future strategy
• Identifies potential future business drivers; identifies market trends/changes and makes recommendations to capitalize on opportunities and minimize risks • Implements market research to predict business drivers and barriers, identify market and prescribing trends, unmet needs, changes in physicians and patient perceptions, and define patient journey, etc.
• Drives thought leadership by leading problem solving in collaboration with New Products team, vendors, and cross-functional team members
• Designs, implements and leads cost-efficient market research projects using a range of tools and techniques, including primary research, secondary research, syndicated data, and internal data-mining; structures complex data analyses to address strategic questions, generate business focused, actionable recommendations by synthesizing relevant analyses, and secure management action through influential communication
• Develops and evolves market and forecast models that support development decision points as well as ensuring the key forecast-dependent business questions can be addressed as assets move to commercial teams before launch
• Analyzes, interprets and translates data into actionable insights (e.g., patient flow, patient journey, situational analysis, unmet needs, etc.)
• Manages multiple projects/activities in parallel (e.g., market research projects, cross functional analytic projects, interactions with Global insights and analytics), including maximizing utilization and impact of offshore support teams
• Identifies, evaluates and champions emerging techniques to generate insights; committed to continuous improvement of analytic capabilities (e.g., analog identification, estimate uptake curves and peak shares, etc).
• Leads contribution of insights and analysis to support strategic assessment of potential BD&L opportunities
• Manage market research budget and agency relationships
• Work with off-shore team to support new products; maximize contributions of this team.
• Remain compliant with policy requirements and other operational parameters: across all activities, consider full-set of policy requirements (e.g., Compliance) and remain compliant. Manage budget, and other operational considerations
Graduate Degree in Quantitative Disciple (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Operations Research or Business).
•Minimum 7-10 years of overall pharmaceutical industry experience required (Big Pharma, Biotech)
•Market research proficiency demonstrated in primary and secondary research methodologies and questionnaire design coupled with analytical skills to at translate market research insights into financial/analytical models (sales forecasts, cost-benefit model)
•Demonstrated competency in forecasting, patient-based and trend-based models
•Strong strategic and analytical capabilities, with demonstrated experience in analyzing complex situations, collecting data, effectively synthesizing the analytics/data to form a complete, cohesive picture
•Working experience with key pharma databases (e.g., IMS: NPA, Xponent, DDD, Plantrak; Symphony, Decision Resources)
•Experience and understanding of physician/ hospital/account-based targeting and segmentation methods
•Excellent interpersonal, teamwork & collaboration skills
•Excellent written and verbal communication skills
•Ability to synthesize complex and diverse set of information; influence various stakeholders to steer towards a solution
•Prior background in Ophthalmology and Respiratory a plus
• MBA or Ph.D. preferred
Please visit our website at www.novartis.com