US-NJ, Associate Director, Employee Benefit Technical Accounting 202667BR_1488810820-MZ
|Posting Title - Associate Director, Employee Benefit Technical Accounting|
* Act as liaison between FRA and HR Compensation & Benefits, Pension and Treasury groups to ensure appropriate actuarial and accounting treatment for benefits plans.
* In coordination with Benefits COE, prepare a formal inventory of employee benefit plan provisions (including share-based compensation) across all US divisions and ensure that actuarial and accounting assumptions are appropriately aligned with plan documents.
* Review and assess changes to employee benefit plans for potential financial statement impacts.
* Support complex accounting issues and topics related to the HR/Employee Benefits area and draft accounting position papers.
* Review all significant contracts that are under the responsibility of NAHRS, Pension and Treasury and document accounting implications.
* Actively participate in service calls between Novartis and third party service providers (i.e. Fidelity, Willis Towers Watson). Review SSAE16 reports from third party service providers.
* Review and formally assess, on a quarterly basis, the reasonableness of accrual estimates provided by NAHRS including but not limited to Defined Contribution Retirement Plan, Annual Incentive Plan, Pensions, Other Post-retirement Obligations, Post-retiree medical, and Medical Pooling.
* Provide oversight to both the share-based compensation and divisional employee benefit pools. Proactively communicate variances to Senior Management/business by detailing out key drivers leading to deviations.
* Participate in Balance Sheet discussions ensuring all Benefits related (i.e. Pension, Defined Contribution, etc.) balances are appropriately recorded. Review/Approve journal entries and account reconciliations.
* Support NAHRS organization on any internal, external or state audits.
* Support local Controls & Compliance associates for HR and Payroll controls including preparation of SOX 404.
* Support Annual Benefits Audit process (5500, etc.).
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
* CPA required; MBA/Actuary preferred English
* 8+ years of progressively responsible experience in public accounting (Benefit Plan Auditing) or for a major company/division of a large corporation
* Strong understanding of Accounting Policy as it relates to Compensation and Benefit Accounting
* Strong business orientation evidenced by the ability to approach business issues from multiple functional/operational perspectives
* SAP or Shared services experience a plus
Please visit our website at www.novartis.com