US-NJ, Sr. Scientist III (PhD) 452431261997-MZ
|SENIOR SCIENTIST III – (PhD)|
$140,000 - $170,000 + Bonus/Stock
Animal Health Division of Globally Leading Pharmaceutical Company
This position will provide technical/administrative leadership and expertise in AR&D to support Pharmaceutical Product Development. The incumbent will plan, monitor, and maintain project timelines to meet business needs. Additionally, will lead a group of scientists in development, validation, and transfer of robust analytical methods for raw materials, excipients, in-process controls, APIs, and finished products. The individual is expected to work under GLP/GMP regulations and serve as a Study Director on GLP studies.
• Provides technical/administrative leadership in planning, monitoring, and maintaining project timelines to meet business needs.
• Directs analytical project activities including method development, validation, and transfer, and testing of developmental and investigational samples.
• Develops innovative approaches to solve technical challenges when needed
• Functions as in-house consultant for area of expertise
• Represents department on project teams.
• Provides functional excellence and strategic technical leadership to organization.
• Presents analytical results internally and externally.
• Prepares, reviews, and/or approve protocols, memos, reports, and regulatory documents.
• Manages performance, mentors, and develops direct reports.
• Conducts all activities in compliance with established regulatory requirements. Assists department head in development of strategic plans for departmental goals. Understands and complies with Safety, Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), and Standard Operating Procedures and Policies.
• Evaluate and recommend new technologies that would strengthen team’s research and development.
• Must be able to shift priorities and projects, as company’s needs change. As needed, assists others as priorities change
Knowledge and Skills:
Ph.D. in chemical or biochemical sciences with 10+ years of industrial experience with supervisory responsibility. This position requires a broad knowledge of GLP/cGMP regulations, ICH/VICH guidelines, and pharmaceutical development process. Incumbent must possess expertise in analytical research and development , and must be able to lead a diverse research team to complete a project goal; consequently must possess excellent interpersonal skills to collaborate with and direct others on major projects.
Please visit our website at www.epmscientific.com