Director of Contract & Pricing
Atlantic Management Resources has partnered with an established pharmaceutical company that licenses, develops, and markets specialty products.
The Director, Contract Strategy is responsible for managing the company’s U.S. Commercial Contracts, Government Contracts, Government Pricing Programs and vendors supporting these programs. The position will partner with Marketing, Managed Markets, Market Access Services, Finance, Legal and Compliance to ensure appropriate identification and evaluation of commercial and government contracting opportunities as well as other duties assigned.
• Collaboratively, with Marketing, design the Contracting Strategy for market access evaluating the impact of federal, state and local regulations, government pricing requirements, market dynamics and the competitive landscape on formulary coverage, market share, and profitability
• Partner with managed markets, contract administration vendors and legal to negotiate contract terms and confirm that all final agreements are accurate prior to execution
• Responsible for creating and maintaining policies, procedures, and operating instructions for all government pricing calculations and rebate payments.
• Conducts Fair Market Value analysis and provides recommendations to legal and managed markets regarding contract terms
• BA/BS is required
• At least 15 years relevant experience, of which seven are in healthcare reimbursement.
• Equivalent combination of advanced degree and less experience may be considered.
• MBA in accounting or finance is preferred.
• Analytical, Organizational and Interpersonal Skills are required.
• High impact and influence among peers, vendor relationships, leadership team and external stakeholders including government agencies and health plans
• Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team structure and delegate tasks appropriately
• Excellent analytical skills
• High attention to detail
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Strong problem solving skills