US-NJ, Associate Director, Oncology Marketing 341-252-MZ
Lexicon Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a fully integrated biopharmaceutical company who is applying a unique approach to gene science based on Nobel Prize-winning technology to discover and develop precise medicines for patients with serious, chronic conditions. Through our Genome5000™ program, Lexicon scientists have studied the role and function of nearly 5,000 genes over the last 20 years and have identified more than 100 protein targets with significant therapeutic potential in a range of diseases. Through the precise targeting of these proteins, we are pioneering the discovery and development of innovative medicines to safely and effectively treat disease. In addition to our first commercial product, XERMELO® (telotristat ethyl), Lexicon has a pipeline of promising drug candidates in clinical and pre-clinical development in diabetes and metabolism and neuropathic pain. For additional information please visit www.lexpharma.com.
Lexicon Pharmaceuticals is currently searching for an entrepreneurial, highly motivated, results focused Associate Director Oncology Marketing. In this role, you will participate as a key member of the XERMELO brand team - Lexicon’s rare disease/oncology product launch in the US marketplace. In this position, you will be responsible for developing and implementing strategic and tactical plans to successfully drive sales growth for key customers including KOL’s, Academic Institutions, IDN’s, and Associations. This position will report to our Director Oncology Marketing. The successful incumbent will have a direct impact on our commercial values of keeping the patient at center, collaboration, relentless pursuit of excellence and trust in all we do.
This position will be based in our Basking Ridge, New Jersey location.
The incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
· Lead the agency of record to develop, review and execute high impact marketing initiatives and materials for the HCP audience
· Establish partnerships and programs with Academic Institutions & professional societies
· Execute patient promotion initiatives which supplement HCP promotion
· Partner with cross functional stakeholders internally including market research, access, sales, legal, regulatory, and medical teams.
· Manage projects to budget, and within overall budget
· Performing all Company business in accordance with all regulations (e.g. EEO, FDA, OSHA, PDMA, EPA, PhRMA, etc.) and Company policies and procedures. When violations are noted/observed they are to be immediately reported to management. Demonstrating high ethical and professional standards with all business contacts
· Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent, MBA preferred
· Five years of pharmaceutical or biotechnology experience, with at least 3 of those years in U.S. oncology or Rare disease marketing is required. Candidates without pharmaceutical or biotechnology experience will not be considered.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills along with the ability to influence others
· Ability to work with multiple internal cross-functional teams and successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Demonstrated consistent track record of success and delivering strong sales results
· Strong scientific/medical aptitude and experience.
· Demonstrated success in project, vendor, and budget management
· Willingness/ability to travel up to 15% domestically
To apply, please visit the careers section of our website: https://lexpharmacareers.silkroad.com/.
For additional information about Lexicon and its programs, please visit www.lexpharma.com.
Lexicon Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test, background check and verification of credentials before beginning employment.
Lexicon Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Visit Our Website