One of the world’s largest and most innovative surgical companies is looking for a Director, Business Analytics and Intelligence! This group is looking to grow exponentially over the next five years and wants an analytic director to help drive and build this growth. This person will sit in NJ and will be a key leader within the Analytics group.
The Director, Business Analytics and Intelligence is responsible for:
- Leading and directing the Global Business Intelligence team
- Creating, leading, and directing a Competitive Intelligence and Advanced Analytics team
- Being a key point of contact for other global groups
- Creating best-in-class analytical practices and processes including: consolidating data, reporting, forecasting, data systems, analyzing competitive insights and macro environment trends.
- Creating and setting direction for systematic process and analytical standards
- Setting direction and prioritizing all projects and activities required to drive success
- Direct and indirect reports working across primary and secondary market research, forecasting, competitive intelligence, macro trends, sales analytics, and Information Technology
- Performance that demonstrates strong leadership and ability to create a high performance team
- Creating strategic analytics, forecasting, and competitive insights capabilities
- Co-leading a data governance process
- Serving as lead for implementing and maintaining external strategic partnerships for data analysis and systems
- Demonstrating an ability to influence multiple stakeholders to ensure a high-level of team involvement in key business decisions
- Leading team in flawless execution of all projects and activities
- Proactively providing fact-based insights and analytics to address strategic business needs
- Leading and building upon currently available platforms
- Developing and implementing new innovative business analytics tools and techniques
- Leading education and dissemination of existing competitive knowledge estate and market information for key business partners
- Ensuring integration of key Competitive Insights and analytical tools, techniques, and processes
Qualifications for this role:
- A minimum of a BS or BA in business, marketing, statistics, mathematics, or related field is required. MBA or MS is preferred
- 12+ years of progressive experience in analytics and/or competitive intelligence
- Business, New product forecasting, information technology experience
- 5+ years of experience managing people
- Working knowledge of industry competitive insights tools and techniques
- Experience in the medical device, hospital specialty, or healthcare field
- Proven track record of performance that demonstrates strong leadership
- Ability to work and succeed in a matrix environment with a high degree of collaboration and initiative
- Ability to understand, translate, and integrate marketplace data and secondary data tools into actionable insights to drive decision-making
- Experience integrating primary research, secondary market research, competitive intelligence and forecasting
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills
- Strong project management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft WORD, EXCEL, and PowerPoint, and SPSS
If you meet the above requirements, apply now! Or email Lauren on [click here] for a conversation about how your background may fit with this role. Be sure to include your resume!
Barrington James is a specialist Pharmaceutical and Medical Device consultancy with well over 50 highly trained consultants that specialize in their own niche vertical markets. With offices in Europe, Asia, and the US, we are able to offer a truly global service to both our Clients and Candidates. We pride ourselves on the quality of our work and our unrivaled market knowledge and we offer a service that is thorough, professional and intelligent.
In addition to our permanent and contract recruitment services, we provide proactive search campaigns, advertising campaigns, dedicated account management and MSP and RPO services.
If you are unsure as to whether your experience is relevant to the vacancy you are reading through or would like to talk through potential career options, please feel free to contact me on 919.838.7478 or at [click here]
Know anyone that's right for this role? Refer a friend or a colleague to Barrington James today and earn $500 cash! If you refer someone we are currently not aware of and we find them a new position we will give you both $500!
Key words: analytics/business/insights/intelligence/competitive/global/strategic/marketing/director/pharmaceutical/market/research/forecast